Lighten Up With Lemon
We’ve been delighted to hear how much our fans and followers LOVE Watkins Lemon Hand Cream. Around the office we’re calling it the new “Fan Fav”… and most of us agree! It’s truly a scrumptious scent.
Since hearing about how much everyone loves the Lemon Hand Cream, we wanted to spotlight a few of our other favorite Watkins products with lemon essence. Keep the comments coming on our blog, twitter or Facebook page. We love hearing from you!
- Hand & Cuticle Salve: Protect and indulge your skin! Great for layering with the Lemon Hand Cream, this salve is formulated with premium beeswax and incorporates natural oils to nourish and revitalize your hard-working hands!
- Room Freshener: You will LOVE this. One spritz will lighten the room with airy lemon essence! It’s also non-toxic and biodegradable, just like all of our Home Care products.
- NEW Lemon Window Cleaner: Give your glass surfaces a lustrous streak-free shine, and keep your home smelling oh-so-fresh! This product works wonders, so say goodbye to harsh chemicals and hello to natural!
Bavarian Apple Tart
Remember how we were so excited to bake with apples? Here’s one of our favorite recipes to try out this fall.
- 1 package (8 oz/227 g) reduced-calorie cream cheese
- 1/4 cup/60 mL sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Watkins White Vanilla
- 1/3 cup/80 mL sugar
- 3/4 tsp/4 mL Watkins Cinnamon
- 4 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples (for variety, try sliced peaches or pears)
Cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; beat well. Add flour and cinnamon; beat well. Spread onto bottom and 1 inch/25 mm up sides of a 9-inch/23-cm springform pan; set aside.
Beat together cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla; spread onto crust. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl; toss fruit in this mixture. Arrange fruit in an attractive pattern on top of filling. Bake at 450°F/230°C for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°F/200°C and bake 25 minutes; cool completely. Keep refrigerated. Makes 8 servings.
Note: For individual tarts, place crust mixture in eight 4-inch/10-cm tart pans; fill each with 2 heaping tablespoons (about 45 mL) of filling. Bake at 450°F/230°C for 20–25 minutes or until done.
The weather is cooling off, the trees are just starting to change colors and here at J.R. Watkins, we are so excited about fall! One of the great things about living in Minnesota is that the weather brings out the best in every season, and it’s something worth celebrating.
Here’s our list for fall – what’s on yours?
- Visit an apple orchard, pick our own apples, try a few of the tasty apple bakery items and maybe catch a hot air balloon ride.
- Buy a few pumpkins and use them as decoration until they’re ready for carving (pumpkin pie and jack-o-lanterns!).
- Pick up a few corn stalks, gourds and a bay of hay to spruce up the front step. Colorful leaves from the yard will make it an inviting space for a good evening reading spot.
- Drink hot apple cider or pumpkin-based coffee as often as possible.
- Be a kid again and jump in the leaves!
- Get outside! Attend a football game, go for a run or talk a walk with a friend.
- Bake, bake, bake! Put those apples to good use and make apple pie, apple crisp or applesauce. Delicious!