The weather is cooling off, the trees are just starting to change colors and here at J.R. Watkins, we are so excited about fall! One of the great things about living in Minnesota is that the weather brings out the best in every season, and it’s something worth celebrating.
Here’s our list for fall – what’s on yours?
- Visit an apple orchard, pick our own apples, try a few of the tasty apple bakery items and maybe catch a hot air balloon ride.
- Buy a few pumpkins and use them as decoration until they’re ready for carving (pumpkin pie and jack-o-lanterns!).
- Pick up a few corn stalks, gourds and a bay of hay to spruce up the front step. Colorful leaves from the yard will make it an inviting space for a good evening reading spot.
- Drink hot apple cider or pumpkin-based coffee as often as possible.
- Be a kid again and jump in the leaves!
- Get outside! Attend a football game, go for a run or talk a walk with a friend.
- Bake, bake, bake! Put those apples to good use and make apple pie, apple crisp or applesauce. Delicious!